Joint Honours at Derby
Two subjects, one degree
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
Why should I study Joint Honours?
- You’re passionate about two courses and wish to study both
- 70% of graduate jobs don’t specify a degree subject so these skills, combined with your subject knowledge, will enable you to apply for a broader range of jobs when you finish
- Put yourself ahead in the job market
- Develop skills such as time-management, initiative, flexibility and adaptability
- Keep your options open after University
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones. E.g. Education Studies and History.
* subject to approval
How does it work?
There are two ways to combine the subjects in your degree:
- Joint - study two subjects equally (each year, study three modules from each subject)
- Major-Minor – specialise in one subject (with up to 5 modules each year) and minor with the remaining module(s) from your second chosen subject.
For more information or if you have any questions regarding our Joint Honours degrees, please complete this form.