Book onto an Open Day
|Date||Type of open day||Location||
|Tuesday 26 May||Open Evening: Part time, postgraduate and professional Open Evening||Derby Campus||Book your place|
|Saturday 6 June||
Main Open Day: undergraduate and postgraduate open day
|Derby and Buxton campuses||Book your place|
|Saturday 13 June||Nursing at Chesterfield Open Day||Chesterfield Campus||Book your place|
|Friday 19 June||Main open day including Schools and Colleges Open Day||Derby and Buxton campuses||Book for your school/college|
|Book for individuals|
|Saturday 26 September||Main Open Day: undergraduate and postgraduate Open Day||Derby and Buxton campuses||Book your place|
|Saturday 17 October||Main Open Day: undergraduate and postgraduate Open Day||Derby and Buxton campuses||Book your place|
|Saturday 21 November||Main Open Day: undergraduate and postgraduate Open Day||Derby and Buxton campuses||Book your place|
Can't make an Open Day?
We also have Welcome Wednesdays.
Our University has main campuses in both Derby and Buxton (which are 30 miles apart). Course pages will tell you which campus your course is based at, so make sure you attend the right campus for your course.
Who is the Open Day for?
For people wanting to study undergraduate courses. At the Open Day you'll be able to attend subject talks, as well as a welcome talk, finance talk and student life talk. You'll be able to talk to academics, have a tour of the University and the halls of residence.
We'll also have support staff and our admissions team available for you to talk to.
Postgraduate, professional and part time students
For people wanting to study postgraduate, professional and part time courses. You'll receive a one to one consultation at the relevant College stand. Just register at the welcome desk at the main reception, and we'll tell you which stand you need to visit.
Getting the most out of our Open Days
Open Days are your chance to find out more about us, what we have to offer, and about Derby and Buxton in general.
Best things to do on an Open Day:
- Arrive around 9.30am so you can go to a welcome talk - these tell you a bit more about the University and Derby or Buxton.
- Go to the subject talk for your course. If it clashes with another talk don't worry - go to the talk which is most important and find out what you missed at the other talk from the relevant stand.
- If you're thinking of living away from home, book on a halls of residence tour as early as possible when you arrive, as these are very popular.
- Try and go on a campus tour to see the whole site and our facilities - they're led by students so you can also ask them all your questions.
- Talk to everyone and ask questions! Especially the student helpers - they're really friendly and will give you an honest insight into the University and life as a student here.
What you'll get before the Open Day
If you book on an Open Day at our Derby Campus, you'll receive our Open Day Guide about a week before the Open Day. This has the times of all the talks and tours.
Finding out more about Derby and Buxton
You can find out more about Derby and Buxton at:
Open Day Feedback
great day at @DerbyUni so excited for september— aliceinw0nderland☮ (@cHaLiiCe) February 28, 2015
Surprised my first open day was so successful! Thanks @DerbyUni for a fab day— Corrie Colson (@corriecolson16) February 28, 2015
The open day at the University of Derby was excellent! The campus is awesome the people were friendly and also Dr Hodgson's talk was great!— Shahira (@ShahiraZerin) February 28, 2015