Clearing 2016 Interview Information
BA (Hons) Working with Young People and Communities
(Youth Work or Community Development pathways)
I am delighted that you have an invitation to interview for BA (Hons) Working with Young People and Communities at the University of Derby.
Please read all of the information contained in this invite carefully.
The interview will take place at the Britannia Mill campus in Derby.
The address is:
University of Derby
On arrival, please wait at Main Reception where you will be met by a course representative.
The selection process will last approximately half a day and you can expect:
- Identification and documentation check
- A presentation by academic staff
- An individual interview to explore your experiences, understanding of the purpose of youth and community work, your values, equality and readiness to study at degree level
- Please see attached document for more detailed information about what to do to prepare for your interview:
If you are bringing someone with you please note that they will not be able to stay with you during the selection process.
What to bring with you on the day:
The ORIGINAL and PHOTOCOPIES of the following documents:
- Identification Documents
- Photographic Identification (driving licence or passport)
- Utility Bill or Bank statement
- Educational certificates (for any relevant qualifications – please see note at the end of this)
- Marriage certificate/Deed poll (if applicable)
- Documentation showing proof of residency in the UK (if applicable – please see note at the end of this letter)
- Your UCAS ID Number
Important: We will not be able to interview you if you don’t bring your Photographic Identification
Qualifications evidence to bring:
- Evidence of a total of 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at grade C or above – this must include English and Maths
- If you are completing an Access to Higher Education Diploma we need to see evidence of level 2 English and Maths only
- Evidence of your level 3 Qualifications such as AS Levels, A-Levels, BTEC (certificate and transcript) etc if you have already completed these
- If applicable evidence of your Degree and/or Master qualification – certificate and transcript
- If you have completed an Access to Higher Education Diploma we need to see your certificate and transcript
Please also note if you are made an offer of a place this will be subject to the below:
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Clearance
The course you will be studying requires you to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance prior to the start of your induction and enrolment in order for you to undertake any compulsory placement requirement. To complete this requirement you will also be subject to University clearance procedures where your DBS will be assessed and your ability to go on placement will be confirmed. In the event that University clearance is not achieved and/or in not achieved in advance of the course start, you will be unable to join the course. Note: If you choose the University of Derby as your “Firm” choice you will be contacted by the Admissions Team with details of how to commence the process for your Enhanced DBS Clearance using our online system.
If you have lived outside of the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years
Whilst the DBS check your criminal record in the UK, they cannot currently assess criminal records held overseas. Consequently if you have lived out of the UK for more than 6 months in the past 5 years you need to obtain a criminal record check from the country(ies) where you lived during that period. This is known as a Certificate of Good Conduct. You will also need to apply for DBS clearance in addition to the Certificate of Good Conduct. The DBS application and the non UK check can be processed simultaneously. For further guidance about applying for a Certificate of Good Conduct click here.