The Admissions team
It's our job to help you through the process of applying to the University of Derby, and to make fair decisions based on our quality standards and admissions policy.
Who's looking after my application?
We have a team of experienced Senior Admissions Administrators who are responsible for managing the applications we recieve.
As someone who's applying to do a course at Derby, we'll help you by:
- guiding you through how to apply, whether you're hoping to study an undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course
- looking at your application and deciding, with help from tutors, how suitable you are for the course
- sending out your offer letter
- inviting you to events that will help you find out if Derby's right for you, e.g. Open Days
- organising the Confirmation and Clearing processes
- sending you joining instructions, including induction details.
We also help other people within the University by:
- providing statistics to senior management, about application numbers, conversion information and applicant trend analysis
- developing and updating the admissions code of practices and policies, eg QAA, equal opportunities etc.
Other teams we work closely with
- Marketing: working together to plan effective marketing campaigns as well as working on Open Days together
- College staff: especially admissions tutors, to check what entry requirements they're asking for, to decide who gets offered a place and to send information to students on enrolment
- Support and Advisory Service: developing support plans for students with specific learning difficulties before enrolment. We're currently coming up with a new electronic way of doing this
- Student Records and Fees: helping to give accurate information to students and helping to run an efficient enrolment process
- Planning and Statistics: to provide useful planning information and in auditing student information.
Admissions Complaints Process
If you have made an application and wish to raise an informal complaint about the admisisons process you should contact the Admissions Team by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the University of Derby the experience of our applicants is important to us, and the University ensures that all complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly and consistently. Your email will be acknowledged within 3 working days. The Admissions Officer will investigate your complaint and a written reply will be sent to you within 10 working days.
If the outcome of the investigation is not satisfactory you can raise your concerns by following the University's Complaints Procedure. Information on this is available on the University website at www.derby.ac.uk/complaints. Your complaint will then be escalated to the Assistant Registrar, Admissions for further investigation.
Our Admissions Policy
You can download a copy of our Admissions Policy as a pdf here.
T: 01332 591167