Dr Yiling Lu
Position: Senior Lecturer in Engineering
College: College of Engineering and Technology
Subject area: Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
I deliver a range of modules in Engineering Science, Computer Simulation and Engineering Design. I also supervise final year student projects. At the same time, I will carry out my research in mechanical engineering with main applications in bio-engineering.
- 6ME500 Advanced Engineering Design Modelling
- 6ME503 Advanced Mechanical Design and Materials
- 6ME505 Computational Fluid Dynamics
- 7ME501 Advanced Mechanical Modelling and e-Manufacturing
- Fluid-solid interaction
- Computer modelling
- Inversed analysis and optimisation
- UK Bioengineering Society
- British and European Microcirculation Societies
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- BSc in General Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China
- PhD in Bioengineering, Queen Mary, University of London
- Lu Y, Michel C C & Wang W (2012). Inert gas clearance from tissue by co-currently and counter-currently arranged microvessels. J Appl Physiol, 113, 487-497.
- Hunter R J, Liu Y, Lu Y, Wang W & Schilling R J (2012). Left atrial wall stress distribution and its relationship to electrophysiologic remodeling in persistent atrial fibrillation. Circ Arrythm Electrophysiol, 5, 351-60.
- Twycross-Lewis R, Lu Y, Malliaras P, Mueller J-D & Maffulli N (2010) A modelling approach to aid the understanding of high volume image guided injection in relcalcitrant Achilles tendinopathy.Br J Sports Med, 45: e1.
- Lu Y & Wang W (2010). Multiscale modelling of fluid and solute transport in soft tissues and microvessel. J Multiscale Model, 2,127-145.
- Lu Y & Wang W (2010). Microvascular haemodynamics and exchange mechanisms. InComprehensive Biotechnology, 2nd edition, eds by M Butler, C Webb, A Moreira, B Grodzinski, Z F Cui and S Agathos & M Moo-Young. Sec 5.19 Biofluids, Microcirculation, Pergamon, 237-250.
- Hunter R J, Lu Y, Liu Y K, Wang W, & Schilling R J (2009). Modelling of left atrial wall stress in patients with AF reveals peak wall stress at sites known to harbour fractionated potentials. Eurospace, 11, S4.
- Lu Y & Wang W. (2008). Interaction between the interstitial fluid and the extracellular matrix in the configuration of confined indentation in response to tissue deformation under external mechanical loads. J. Biomech. Eng., 130(4), 041011.
- Liu Y, Wang W & Lu Y (2012). Inclusion of cell nuclei affects the aspirated length of cells during micropipette aspiration - a modeling study. Bioeng2011, London.
- Lu Y, Michel C C & Wang W (2011). Modelling inert gas clearance from tissues by the microcirculation. 60th Annual meeting of British Microcirculation Society. Exeter.
- University of Birmingham: June 2005 - January 2006
I am doing joint research work on cell response to fluid flow induced shear stress with Southern Medical University in China (Collaborator: Professor Lei Zheng).