Dr Vladimir Antchak
Position: Lecturer in Events Management
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
Subject area: Events Management
Lecturer in Events Management
- Themes and Ideas in Events Management
- Festival Futures
- Advanced Event Management Skills
- Delivering Event Experience.
My research interests include event tourism, event portfolio design, place-making, major events and their contribution to competitive identity and destination capitals. In May 2016 I completed my PhD in tourism and events. The research project explored critical aspects of event portfolio programming in different urban contexts in New Zealand.
- PhD in Tourism and Events (AUT University, New Zealand).
- ATLAS Annual Conference, October, 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
- ATLAS Events Group Meeting, May,2016, Barcelona, Spain
- AEME Annual Conference, July, 2016, Buxton, UK.
I have over ten years of experience in events management, including organisation of business workshops, conferences, cultural exhibitions, international business visits and presentations. The geography of completed projects includes Austria, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, North-West regions of Russia, Moscow and St. Petersburg.