Dr Tim Marangon
Position: Lecturer in Law
College: College of Law, Humanities and Social Sciences
Department: Law, Criminology and Social Sciences
Subject area: Law:
I was appointed to the role of 'Lecturer in Law' in November 2013.
I am currently the (Acting) Programme Leader for the University of Derby's Undergraduate Law programmes (LLB (Hons.) Law/LLB (Hons.) Law with Criminology).
During my time at the University of Derby I have taught on Undergraduate modules related to tort law and professional skills (legal context, skills and ethics).
At present I am the module leader for two modules on the LLB (Hons.) Law/LLB (Hons.) Law with Criminology, namely:
- Tortious Liability and Remedies (Semester 1); and
- Specific Torts & Remedies (Semester 2).
My research interests lie predominantly in the field of medical law; specifically assisted suicide/euthanasia, consent, and clinical negligence. I am currently working on a medical law text book.
- Pg Cert Higher Education Practice and Research - University of Salford
- Ph.D. - University of Salford (July, 2004)
- L.P.C. (Commendation) - College of Law (June, 2004)
- LLB (Hons.) Law - University of Wales Aberystwyth (July, 1999).
I had originally intended to pursue a career as a solicitor. With that in mind I enrolled on the LPC with the College of Law, Chester. I completed the course in July 2004 earning a (Commendation). As I was looking for a training contract I was offered my first post in academia, and I have never looked back.