Dr Thomas Hunt
Position: Lecturer in psychology
College: College of Life & Natural Sciences
Department: Life Sciences
Subject area: Psychology
Research Centre: Centre for Psychological Research
I am a lecturer in psychology within the Department of Life Sciences
Currently, I lead the third year undergraduate module Psychology Research Project. Also, I contribute to the teaching on a range of other modules including Research Methods and Analysis in Psychology (year one), Cognition and Development (year one), Quantitative Methods and Individual Differences (year two), Cognitive Processes and the Social World (year two), and Psychology in Education (year three). In addition, I supervise research projects across a range of programmes.
I am a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Buckley, E.J. Rose, S.E. Ayers, B.A. Hunt, T.E. & White, D.G. (2007). Adjust the Balance: Literature Review into Work Life Balance Research. Learning and Skills Council research report.
- Hunt, T. E., Clark-Carter, D., & Sheffield, D. (2014). Exploring the relationship between mathematics anxiety and performance: The role of intrusive thoughts. Journal of Education, Psychology and Social Sciences, 2, 69-75.
- Hunt, T. E., Clark-Carter-D., & Sheffield, D (2011). The development and part validation of a U.K. scale for mathematics anxiety. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 29, 455-466.
- Hunt, T. E., Sheffield, D., & Clark-Carter, D. (2014). Eye movements during mental arithmetic: Exploring the relationship between mathematics anxiety and performance. Applied Cognitive Psychology.
- Priest, H., Roberts, P., Dent, H., Hunt, T. E., Weston, D., Chell, A., Blincoe, C., & Armstrong, C. (2011). Preparing for collaborative working in mental health: An interprofessional education project with clinical psychology trainees and nursing students. The Journal of Mental Health Training, Education and Practice, 6, 47-57.
- Richardson, M., Hunt, T. E., &Richardson, C. (2014). Children’s construction task performance and spatial ability: Controlling task complexity and predicting mathematics performance. Perceptual & Motor Skills, 119, 741-757.
- Sheffield, D., & Hunt, T.E. (2007). How does anxiety influence maths performance and what can we do about it? Mathematics Statistics and Operations Research Connections, 6 (4), 19-23.
- Stupple, E. J. N., Maratos, F. A., Elander, J., Duro, E., Purewal, S., & Hunt, T. E. (2011). The critical thinking toolkit for psychology (CriTTPsych): Development of an evidence-based resource. The Higher Education Academy Psychology Network