Dr Sayantan Ghosh Dastidar
Position: Lecturer in Economics
College: College of Business
Department: Derby Business School
Subject area: Economics
I joined the University of Derby as a Lecturer in Economics in January 2016. I obtained my PhD in Economics from the University of Dundee in 2015 where I have also worked as a Teaching Assistant from 2010 to 2014. Prior to joining the University of Derby, I was working as a Research Assistant at the University of Huddersfield.
- Year 1: Introduction to Macroeconomic Concepts and Data (Module Leader)
- Year 2: Economics for Management
- Year 2: Macroeconomics for Business.
My main research interests include International Trade, Economic Development and Public Policy.
- PhD in Economics, University of Dundee
- MSc in International Economics, University of Sussex
- BSc (Hons) in Economics, University of Sussex.
- “Manufacturing and Trade Liberalisation of India: The Continuing Debate”, Review of Development and Change, Volume 20, Number 2, a Special Issue on Accelerating India's Manufacturing Growth. Published by Madras Institute of Development Studies, India (2016) forthcoming.
- “Determinants of public education expenditure: Evidence from Indian states” (with Monojit Chatterji and Sushil Mohan), International Journal of Education Economics and Development, InderScience Publishers, Volume 6, Issue 1 (2015).
- “Relationship between trade openness and economic growth of India: A time series analysis" (with Monojit Chatterji and Sushil Mohan), Journal of Academic Research in Economics, Volume 6, Issue 1 (2014).
- 2015: British Northern Universities India Forum Annual Conference, Chennai (India)
- 2014: Scottish Economic Society Conference, Perth
- 2013: Scottish Economic Society Conference, Perth
- 2012: Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics (SGPE) Conference, Crieff
- 2011: Development Studies Association (DSA) Conference, Dundee.
I did an internship in the Central and West Asia Department of the Asian Development Bank in 2013.