Sandra J Cooper
Position: Senior Lecturer in Culinary and Hospitality Management
College: College of Business
Department: Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
Subject area: Hospitality and Culinary Arts
I am a member of the Culinary and Hospitality team within the HRSM department of the College of Business.
Senior Lecturer in Hospitality and Culinary Management.
Module Leader for:
- Academic Study Skills;
- Nutrition and Wellbeing;
- Exploring the Meal Experience;
- Hospitality Facilities Management;
- Hospitality Concepts;
- Introduction to Culinary Management;
- Contemporary Issues;
- Contemporary Issues in Culinary Arts;
- Independent Studies.
- Education, learning and teaching practice
- Nutrition, hospitality and spa cuisine.
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Institute of Hospitality.
- MA in Education , University of Derby
- BA (Hons) in Work Based Learning in HE, University of Derby
- Certificate of Education, University of Greenwich
- City & Guilds Vocational Assessor Awards D32, D33
- HCTC Advanced Assessor Skills (Craft Trainer Award, Group Training Techniques, Organising, Training and Assessment)
- HCTC Operational Management Trainer Certificate
- IOSH Managing Safety
- RSPH Advanced Food Hygiene
- HCIMA Diploma, Westminster College, London.
Buxton, L., Cooper, S.J., Stockdale, I. (2011) Developing and Supporting Independent Learning. LTA Conference July 2011; BERA Conference September 2012
Cooper, S.J. (2014) Developing Conditions to Support Effective Assessment in Work Based Learning: a conceptual analysis. CHME conference May 2014
Alonso, A.D., Sakellarios, N., Jones, C., Cseh, L., Cooper, S.J., Clodd, A. (2014). Perceptions of value for money from the supply side: A preliminary study. CHME conference May 2014
Cooper, S.J. (2015) 'Spa Cuisine: an opportunity for the Hospitality Industry' in Sloan, P., Legrand, W. and Hindley (ed.) The Routledge Handbook of Sustainable Food and Gastronomy. Abingdon: Routledge, pp. 126 – 13.
Alonso, A.D., Sakellarios, N., Jones, C., Cseh, L., Cooper, S.J. (2016) ‘Value for money’ and the restaurant experience: a case study of supply and demand stakeholders, Int. J. Leisure and Tourism Marketing, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 44-65
- Lecturer at Brockenhurst College in Accommodation, Reception, Hospitality and Food Safety
- Private Training Provider for RSPH and CIEH Food Safety Level 2, 3 and 4
- Training Manager Granada Catering Services (Esso Refinery, Fawley)
- Area Manager Sutcliffe Catering (Southern Division)
- Area Advisor Hampshire School Catering Services
- Assistant Banqueting Manager.