Professor Samuel Kasule
Position: Reader in Postcolonial Theatre and Performance Studies/Senior Lecturer in English
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Subject area: English
Research Centre: Identity, Conflict and Representation
Sam is President of the African Theatre Association (UK), and is on the judging panel of the Wole Soyinka Pan African Prize for Literature and is a member of the jury for the Nollywood Film Awards (UK). Sam also coorganised a conference on the effects of the Arab Spring political uprisings.
Sam can talk about African politics and culture, and theatre and performance relating to the African diaspora.
Drama, Theatre and Postcolonial Studies.
Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies, Conflict and Identity, Postcolonial Studies.
President, African Theatre Association (UK)
- BA (English & Drama), Makerere University
- Diploma in Education , Makerere University
- M.A Theatre Studies, UNiversity of Leeds
- PhD on Contemporary theatre and politics in Uganda, University of Leeds
- 2011 'Telling Our Story': Conversations with KinaUganda Home Movie Directors, Mariam Ndagire & Ashraf Simwogerere' in David Kerr, Africa Theatre 10: Media and performance, (Woodridge, Suffolk: James Currey). pp 50 - 68
- 2010 'Don't Talk Into My Talk: Popular Performance in Colonial Uganda' in Yvette Hutchinson (ed) Africa Theatre 9 (Woodbridge, Suffolk: James Currey). pp 72-89.