Mr Russell Cherrington
Position: Senior Lecturer Film and Video Production
College: College of Arts
Senior Lecturer in Film and Video Production within a core team specialising in Film Production 8mm, 16mm and 35 mm film.
Project Development, Scriptwriting, Film Production, Producing, Music Video, Experimental Images, Directing, Project Development, Film Careers.
Filmmaker and Music Video Director I have created moving images since 1992. I've directed music videos for FM, It Bites, Fates Warning, Jansen Barbieri & Karn, Fish, Marillion, Frost*, Under Neath What. Since 1997 I have directed the award winning films Hold Me, Glass of Water, To The Devil His Due and Nightbreed - The Cabal Cut. In 2013 I hope to bring another of Clive Barker's tales to the big screen. www.strangeandbeautifulprodctions.co.uk
The work of Clive Barker as a Polymath and Imaginer.
My primary interest is within his art and the relationship between its creation for characters as seen in his literature and film.
- BA (Hons) Media Production, Cumbria College of Art & Design
- PGCE - Education, University of Lancaster
- MA - Film & Photography, Cumbria College of Art via RCA
- Clive Barker Imaginer - Previsualisations
- Clive Barker Imaginer - The Art of Abarat
- Clive Barker Imaginer - Unseen Abarat
- It Bites -It Happened One Night DVD
- Fish - Fishheads DVD FM - Indiscreet 25 Live DVD Fish - Gone Fishing DVD
- Dark Imaginer - Trinity College Dublin
- Fear Horror Terror - Oxford University
- Gothic - Warsaw University
Professional working director of Film and Music Video, 1992 to present
Working in Hollywood with Seraphim Films, worldwide screenings of film projects