Position: Acting Assistant Subject Manager (Art), Programme Leader MA Fine Art, Programme Leader Year Zero Art & Design
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Department: Art and Design
Subject area: Art and Design
Acting Assistant Subject Manager for Art programmes in the Department of Art and Design. Programme Leader for MA Fine Art. Programme Leader for Year Zero Art & Design. Stage Tutor for final year students on the BA(Hons) Fine Art Programme.
I am Module Leader for the following MA Fine Art modules: Reflective Processes in the Visual Arts, Negotiated Study, Independent Scholarship and Critical Reflection. I am Module Leader for the final year Stage 3 module, Proposed Study. I also teach on to the Stage 2 second year module, Extended Contexts 2. I am Module Leader for the following Year Zero Art and Design modules: Creative Skills-2D and 3D Making, Visual Studies.
Professional interests include contemporary sculpture and installation based work, concerning aspects of site, location and history. My other interests are in the use of text as a visual means of expression, integrating place, space and page.
- Attended Symposium, "All or Nothing: A survey of Blank Books", Henry Moore Study Centre, Leeds.
- Attended Symposium, "Breaking the Rules: The Printed Face of the Avant Garde 1900-1937", British Library.
- Member of research network, "Land Art and the Culture of Landscape 1967 - 1977", University of Nottingham.
- Included in the exhibition, "RGAP: An Exhibition of Contemporary Artists Books and Editions from the Research Group for Artists Publications Collection", End Gallery, Sheffield Hallam University.
- Co-ordinator for fabrication and installation of Stuart Mills, "Three Swallows in the River Meadows, the River Gardens", Belper, Derbyshire.
- Teaching Informed by Research Project, University of Derby, "The Artists' Book as a Focus for Experiential Learning with in Creative Practice; An Evaluation of Cross-disciplinary Group Work" .
- Teaching Informed by Research Project, University of Derby, "The Artists' Book as genius loci for the investigation of cross disciplinary creative practice within art and design".
- Advisor to "Open Books" exhibition, Derby Museum and Art Gallery.
- Attended conference, "European Poets and Sculptors in the 20th Century: The Plastic Expression, the Fruitful Sphere" Henry Moore Institute, Leeds.
- Member of editing team for, The Observatory, a publication project from the Visual Communication Research Group, University of Derby.
- Participated in "States of Independence: Independent Press Day", De Montfort University, Leicester.
- Member of organising group for the conference, "Artists Publications and the Legacy of Sol LeWitt", Sheffield Hallam University and Site Gallery Sheffield.
- University of Derby Research Project, "Concept as Concrete Form: the work of Eugen Gomringer and its legacy for contemporary visual art practice".
- University of Derby Research Project, "Concept as Concrete Form: the work of Eugen Gomringer and its legacy for contemporary visual art practice: Links and Locations".
- University of Derby, Research for Learning and Teaching Fund Project, "Museum Interventions: Using Fine Art Practice to Interpolate Museum Collections".
- Attended, "Object Power: the use of museum artefacts in creative object-based learning & teaching in HE", Arts University Bournemouth.
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Sheffield City Polytechnic
- MA Fine Art, Nottingham Polytechnic
- MA History of Art and Design, Manchester Metropolitan University
- "Readings - Readings from the Small Publishes Fair 2004" with accompanying DVD 2006 Edited by Rodger Brown ISBN 0954063945
- Contributor to "Biege" and "Virmillion", published by The Observatory, an imprint of the Visual Communication Research Group.