Position: Senior Lecturer in Leadership Development
College: College of Business
Department: Derby Business School
Subject area: Business and Management
Phil is a professionally trained coach offering a highly personal and individually tailored service. His coaching work is underpinned by over twenty years' experience as a Learning and Development professional, practical leadership experience, and a Master's Degree in Coaching and Mentoring Practice.
Phil has a passion for leadership and team development. His work in these areas and has included projects for major international companies, public bodies, and charities. His clients describe him as expert, thorough, empathetic, challenging, great fun to work with, and able to deliver long lasting results.
Sample assignments include senior individuals seeking to develop an effective and authentic leadership style, team coaching to enhance collective leadership performance, and helping high potential employees to take the sometimes difficult step from skilled individual performers to leaders and influencers of people.
A partnership approach
Phil's approach provides four key components:
- A Protected Environment - A non-judgemental setting in which to try out ideas, raise concerns, and explore options, through open and honest dialogue
- Stimulating Challenge - Questions and prompts to help clarify goals, identify priorities, to recognise both barriers and resources, and to face difficult issues
- Fresh Perspectives - Introducing ideas, models, and tools, from leadership and team development theory to inform and expand the coaching conversation
- An Accountable Process - Prompting and encouraging clients as they turn goals into specific action steps and actions into lasting positive change.
- MA in Coaching and Mentoring Practice - Distinction (Oxford Brookes University)
- Qualified in a range of psychometric instruments
- NLP Master Practitioner