Dr Pascal Mandelartz
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Business
Department: Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
Subject area: Travel and Tourism
Dark Tourism, the Tourist Bubble, Tourism in the Risk Society
- Member of the International Ecotourism Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Association.
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies with International Tourism, University of Buckingham
- MA Tourism Management, University of Derby
- Postgraduate Certificate of Higher Education
- PhD on Tourist Behaviour during Times of Crisis, University of Derby
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education
- Mandelartz, P. (2012) Post Crisis Tourism: Attitudes and Perceptions of the Risk Society Traveller. International Journal of Business and Management Studies 1 (2): 517-526. UniversityPublications.net.
- Johnston, A., Tigre-Moura, F., Mandelartz, P. (2013). Welcome to the Home of Auschwitz Tours: The Online Marketing of Genocide Tourism. Marketing Places and Spaces: Shifting Tourist Flows. Accessable via http://igni.urfu.ru/uploads/media/5_ATMC_Conference_Proceedings.pdf
- Mandelartz, P., Johnston, A. (Eds.)(2015). Thanatourism: Case studies in Travel to the Dark Side. Oxford: Goodfellows
- Mandelartz, P. (2017). Nauru. The SAGE International Encyclopedia of Travel and Tourism. London: SAGE
- Post Crisis Tourism.International Conference for Academic Disciplines, Toronto, Organised by International Journal of Arts and Sciences, 2012
- Gothic Tourism. The Annual School of Culture and Lifestyle Research Conference, Organised by University of Derby, Buxton, 2013
- Dark Tourism Marketing. 5th Advances in Tourism Marketing Conference, Vilamoura, Portugal, Organised by University of Faro.
Subcultures, Events Management
- Entrepreneurship in event agency, including all tasks required in organising an event. Events organised included music events ranging from 400- 2,000 attendees, including indoor and outdoor festivals. Areas of responsibility included everything essential in organising a successful event such as booking of local and international acts, venues, décor, sound systems, and compliance with acts' requirements, such as organising accommodation for crew and staff
- Travel agency. Area of responsibilities included tasks arising in the travel agency, including bookkeeping, correspondence with customers and tour operators.
- Link Tutor for Stenden University, Netherlands
- PG Link Tutor for César Ritz, Switzerland
- Dracula aids tourism, Whitby Gazette www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/education/dracula-aids-tourism-1-5683518 (2013)
- BBC Radio Derby Interview on Dark and Gothic Tourism (2016)