Position: Lecturer in Hospitality Management
College: College of Business
Department: Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
Subject area: Hospitality and Culinary Arts
My duties include delivering various lectures or tutorial sessions for a number of modules within Hospitality/Hotel Management and Culinary Arts/Management programmes. I also support students with their professional development through practical training sessions.
I deliver either lectures or tutorials for the following modules:
- Research Skills
- Business Development and Entrepreneurship
- Rooms Division Operation
- Delivering the Customer Experience
- Planning and Leading Hotel Operations
- Small and Medium Sized Businesses (SME's)
- Understanding attitudes and predicting social behaviour
- Emotional and Cultural Intelligence
- Guest satisfaction and quality management
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK
- Member of Intsitute of Hospitality, UK
- BSc.(Hons) in International Relations, University of the Aegean
- BA(Ord.) in Hotel and Catering Management degree, HHIC
- Certificate in Descriptive Statistics (Online-MOOC), University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Certificate - Modern Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision&Leadership
- Certificate in Food Hygiene and HACCP Practice, The Royal Society fror the Promotion of Health, London
- MSc. Management and Business Administration, University of Lyon Jean Moulin 3, Lyon, France
- PG Diploma in Management Studies/Research training - MRes Programme, University of St Andrews, United Kingdom
- PG Diploma in Education, University of Derby.
- Duarte Alonso, A., Sakellarios, N., and Pritchard, M.(2015). The theory of planned behaviour in the context of cultural heritage tourism. Journal of Heritage Tourism.
- Duarte Alonso, A., Sakellarios, N.,and Cseh, L. (2015). The theory of planned behaviour (TPB) in the context of a food and drink event: A case study. Journal of Convention and Event Tourism.
- Duarte Alonso, A., O'Neill,M., Northcote, J., Krajsic, V., Sakellarios, N. (2014). Addinng value as a strategy to connect consumers and local food production: An international perspective. In M. Lang and J. Stanton(eds.), locally sources and produced foods:Practicall implications for their definition, demand, and supply. Institute of Food Products Marketing Book Series.In print.
- Duarte Alonso, Sakellarios, N., Jones, C., Cseh, L., Cooper, S., & Clodd, T. (2014). Perceptions of value for money from the supply side: A preliminary study. Proceedings of the Council for Hospitality Management Education (CHME) conference, May 28-30, 2014, University of Derby, Buxton, UK.
Drums, percussion,books and cinema.
I have worked in various positions in the hospitality industry and for hotel companies such as Radisson, Sofitel, Hilton, Intercontinental and others.Also,I had the chance to work for Michelin Starred and 2AA Rosette restaurants.
Part of my role is to advice students towards their placements as well offer career advices.
I have studied and lived in many European countries. I enjoy meeting people from different countries/cultures and sharing ideas with them.