Position: Programme Leader / Senior Lecturer MA Art Therapy
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Therapeutic Practice
Subject area: Therapeutic Practice
Nick is the Programme Leader for the MA in Art Therapy programme and the Clinical Coordinator for Art Therapy Placements. He is also the Admissions Tutor for the MA in Art Therapy.
In addition to fullfiling the role of Programme Leader Nick is also a Senior Lecturer teaching upon the MA Art Therapy, and MA Dramatherapy.
Nick is the module leader for the Art Therapy Experiential Group; and Art Therapy Clinical Placement One and Two Modules. He also is an Independent Studies Supervisor for the MA Art Therapy, and MA Dramatherapy. Nick also provides teaching upon the following modules:
- Arts Therapies Theory and Research in Relation to Practice One and Two (MA Art Therapy and MA Dramatherapy)
Nick's professional interests are:
- The role of Art Psychotherapy in working with experiences of cumulative trauma
- Forensic Art Psychotherapy
- The Psychodynamics of Organisations
- Clinical Dreamwork
His research interests are in relation to role of Art Psychotherapy in the treatment of cumulative trauma.
Nick is a State Registered Art Psychotherapist and full Member of the British Association of Art Therapists. He is also a Member of the British Association of Art Therapists Educators Group.
- BA (Hons) Arts Therapies, University of Derby
- PG Diploma in Art Psychotherapy, University of Sheffield
- Diploma in Hyponotherapy, Hypnotherapy Centre Bournemouth