Position: Senior Lecturer, Programme Leader for Joint Honours Business Psychology, Business Management
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Derby Business School
Subject area: Business and Management
I aim to deliver the best student experience possible. In order to achieve this aim I, together with colleagues, design innovative modules and programmes which when delivered will engage and develop students to their full potential.
- Methodology and Research Skills
- Independent Studies
- People and Organisations
- Employability and Personal Development
- Professional Practice
My background is in areas such as the psychological issues surrounding job search, recruitment and selection, the psychology of gambling and risk and the psychology of creativity and innovation. More recently issues surrounding student cheating behaviour and in particular electronic plagiarism.
- Member of The British Psychological Society
- BA (Hons) Psychology, Birkbeck College, University of London
- MSc Organisational Psychology, Nottingham University
- Dunn M (2000) Cheating or tweaking: an examination of mark enhancing strategies adopted by higher education students in written assignments Poster presentation, Annual Conference of The British Psychological Society, Glasgow.
- Dunn, M. (2002) Who are you calling a cheat? A factor analysis of mark enhancing strategies adopted by higher education students in written assignments. Proceedings of the British Psychological Society 10,(1). ISSN 1350-472X.
- Dunn, M (2003) A study of the perception of academics and students in relation to student academic dishonesty . Proceedings of the British Psychological Society ,10,(2). ISSN 1350-472X.
- Dunn, M (2007) Using voice and simple technology in assignment feedback Poster presentation, University of Derby Learning Teaching & Assessment Conference University of Derby Buxton Campus.
My experience in industry has involved, psychometric testing, including personality profiling for recruitment and development purposes, assessment of team climate, the design and delivery of appraisal systems, courses aimed at team building, workshops on creative thinking and also providing training in psychometric assessment for the level A accreditation requirements of the British Psychological Association.
I have carried out work for The University of Derby and other Universities in the form of research or curriculum design and delivery across Europe and beyond including Eire, Switzerland, Slovakia, Israel and Malaysia.