Dr Mary Joseph
Position: Senior Lecturer in Biological Sciences
Subject area: Biological Sciences
I am a senior lecturer in Biological Sciences.
My main teaching responsibilities are Microbiology, Plant Science, Genetics and Evolution and Biology within the Access and Foundation programmes
My main research interests are plant diseases and microbiology.
I am a Member of the British Society of Plant Pathology.
- BSc Joint Botany and Zoology, with Chemistry subsidiary (First Class), 1978, University of London
- PhD - Plant Pathology, University of Nottingham
- Van de Graaf, P., O'Neill, T.M., Chartier-Hollis, J.M., and Joseph, M.E. (2003). Aspects of the Biology and Control of Benzimidazole Resistant Isolates of Phoma clematidina, cause of Leaf Spot and Wilt in Clematis. Journal of Phytopathology 151, 442-450.
- Van de Graaf, P., Joseph, M.E., Chartier-Hollis, J.M., and O'Neill, T.M. (2002). Prepenetration stages in infection of clematis by Phoma clematidina. Plant Pathology 51, 331-337.
- Van de Graaf, P., Joseph, M.E., Chartier-Hollis, J.M., and O'Neill, T.M. (2001). Susceptibility of Clematis Varieties and Species to Stem Infection by Phoma clematidina, as an Indicator of Resistance to Wilt. European Journal of Plant Pathology 107, 607-614.
- I am supported by a grant from the Horticulture Development Council (HDC).
- I was Supervisor of Pieter van de Graaf whose PhD was awarded in 1999
HEA STEM: Supporting Bioscience Students with Dyslexia and Dyscalculia. Attendance at conference June 27th 2012.