Position: Lecturer in Criminology
College: College of Law, Humanities and Social Sciences
Subject area: Criminology, Policing
Research Centre: International Policing & Justice Institute
I have responsibility for the delivery and assessment of applied Policing study courses, including the Certiifcate in Knowledge of Policing through the College of Policing.
My responsibilites include continual liaison with The College of Policing, updating the Univeristy of Derby Approved Provider status.
I manage and deliver the Foundation in Policing, a University of Derby accredited qualfication, written by myself and delivered to Police Cadets from Nottingham Police and Derbyshire Constabulary.
My expertise is in the recruitment and training of both regular and Special Constables.
- Policing Pathway courses
- Applied Policing Studies
- Certifcate in Knowledge of Policing
- IL4SC, IPLDP, ICIDP
- Expert Evidence
- Foundation in Policing
- Police Cadet Training
- Module leader for Royal Malaysian Police Training Modules (RMP)
- Internal Moderator for RMP Programme results
- Pofessionalising Investigation
- Recrutiment and selection of Police recruits
- Evidence Based Policing
- Policing Training and Develoment
- Police Cadets Training
- Developmental training for police recruits
- Recuitment and selection of Police candidates
- Recruitment and selection of Cadet candidates
- Detecting lies and deceit in interviews.
- Best practice in student induction programmes
- FHEA Fellowship of the Higher education academy (from June 2016)
- SEBP Society of Evidence Based Policing
- MSc Criminal Investigation (From June 2016)
- PG Cert Ed (From June 2016)
- SEBP Manchester 2015
- Mountain Biking
- Weight training
- Cooking and baking.
- 30 years as serving police officer, intially in the Metropolitan Police as both firearms and Close Protection officer
- Head of Special Constables training in Derbyshire Police, Physical Training Instructor, class 1 advnced driver, CPO. CTCPO and CPDA.