Dr Lynn Senior
Position: Dean of College of Education
College: College of Education
Department: Education and Childhood
Subject area: Becoming a Teacher
Research Centre: Centre for Educational Research
I am the Dean of the College of Education. We offer the following programmes:
- Bachelor of Education
- PGCE programmes
- School Direct
- Teacher Education Post 14
- MA Education
- Doctor of Education
- BA (Hons) Education Studies
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies
- FdA Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Early Years Teacher programmes
The International Centre for Career Guidance also sits within the College and we will soon be launching our Institute of Education.
- 14-19 Curriculum Development
All areas of learning, teaching and assessment with specific interests in curriculum design and development and CPD.
I am involved in research in the 14-19 educational reforms, in particular the training needs of vocational practitioners.
- Institute for Learning (IFL)
- Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors
- Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Member of East Midlands Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training
- External examiner and advisor for DTTLS programmes
- Doctor of Education
- MSc in Tourism Management, Sheffield Hallam University
- Certificate in Education, Sheffield Hallam University
- Senior, L. (2010) The Essential Guide to Teaching 14-19 Diplomas, Pearson, Harlow
- Scales P, Pickering J, Senior L, Headley K, Garner P, Boulton H (2011) Continuing Professional Development in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Open University Press
- Senior L, in Scales, P (2013) Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Open University Press
- Senior, L Eds (2013) Empowering the Children's and Young People's Workforce, Routledge
- IPDA Conference paper December 2006/7 and 13.
- Attended 14-19 conference in September 2009.
- Professional Identity within 14-19 vocational education:
- A comparative study of the perceptions of professional identity amongst first and second career teachers working across the 14-19 sectors within the UK. Conference of Vocational Education and Training, Oxford 2011 International.
I have taught vocational subjects across a range of sectors, including secondary and FE. Currently involved in ITE for all sectors.
Taught on PG Cert and MA programmes in Switzerland.