Dr Lisa Orchard
Position: Lecturer in Psychology
College: College of Life & Natural Sciences
Department: Life Sciences
Subject area: Psychology
Research Centre: Centre for Psychological Research
I am a Lecturer in Psychology. I am also the careers and employability liasion within the department.
- Module Leader for the Work Placement module
- Teach on Cognitive Processes and the Social World
- Teach on Cyberpsychology.
- General Cyberpsychology
- Personality Differences Online
- Online Social Networking and Group Processes
- Celebrity Worship
- Social Comparison Theory.
- BSc (Hons) Human Psychology, Aston University, Birmingham.
- PhD on Personality as a Predictor of Facebook Engagement, The University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton.
- Orchard, L .J., Fullwood, C., Morris, N., & Galbraith, N. (2014). Investigating the Facebook experience through Q Methodology: Collective investment and a ‘Borg’ mentality. New Media & Society. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1177/1461444814530099
- Orchard, L. J., Fullwood, C., Galbraith, N., & Morris, N. (2014). Individual Differences as Predictors of Social Networking. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 19(3), 388-402. doi: 10.1111/jcc4.12068
- Fullwood, C., Orchard, L. J., & Floyd, S. (2013). Emoticon convergence in Internet chat rooms. Social Semiotics, 23(5), 648-662. doi: 10.1080/10350330.2012.739000
- Orchard, L. J., & Fullwood, C. (2010). Current perspectives on personality and Internet use. Social Science Computer Review, 28(2), 155-169. doi: 10.1177/0894439309335115
- Orchard, L. J. (2014, May). Investigating the Facebook experience through Q Methodology. Invited talk at the Cyberpsychology CRUW Conference, Wolverhampton, UK.
- Orchard, L. J. (2013, July). Personality as a Predictor of Blogging Content. Paper presented at the Social Networking in Cyberspace Conference 2013, Wolverhampton, UK.
- Orchard, L. J. (2011, September). The Facebook Experience. Paper presented at the Q Conference, Birmingham, UK.
- Orchard, L. J. (2011, June). Personality as a Predictor of Facebook Engagement. Poster session presented at Cyber.Psych 2011, Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Dun Laoghaire, Ireland.
- Orchard, L. J. (2011, May). Personality as a Predictor of Facebook Engagement. Poster session presented at the MillionPlus 'Research that matters' policy campaign, Houses of Parliament, London, UK.