Mrs Lesley Faulconbridge
Position: Deputy Head of Department Education and Childhood - Head of FE Collaborations
College: College of Education
Department: Education and Childhood
Subject area: Early Years
I have responsibility for managing the collaborative provision with partner colleges in the region and nationally for the College of Education.
I supervise students who are undertaking their Independent Study at Stage 3 of their programme.
My professional interests include work-based learning and the professionalisation of the children's and young people's workforce. I am a Poverty Commissioner for Derby City Council.
Work-based learning, communities of practice, adult teaching and learning and the social learning model that encompasses andragogic teaching methods.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Institute for Learning (IFL)
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies (First Class), University of Derby
- Master of Arts in Education, University of Derby
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Post Compulsory Education), Nottingham Trent University
Chapter in text Empowering the Children's and Young People's Workforce entitled 'Work-based Learning' published in January 2014
- UVAC Conference - interactive workshop presentation -Delivering what employers and learners want and flexibility in delivery.
- Governor of primary school
I have experience of teaching children and young people across the 0-19 age range in a variety of contexts both in the maintained and voluntary sector. This has also included working in multi-agency teams supporting parents and carers as part of commissioned work for Social Services.