Dr Klaudio Bari
Position: Senior lecturer
College: College of Engineering and Technology
Senior lecturer in Smart Material Technology and Mechanical Engineering
Level 6: BSc CFD, FEA, Fluid thermodynamics
level 5: BSc Material Failture analysis
Level 5: BSc Advanced Applied Mathematic and Advanced Analytical Method.
Level 7: MSc Nanotechnology and Smart material technology
Level 7 : MSc Mechachnical Design and Manufacturing Design
CFD, FEA, Fluid thermodynamics, Material Science, Advanced Applied Mathematic. Advanced Analytical Method. Nanotechnology and Smart material technology
- Development of composite materials and production technologies for the implementation of function-integrated lightweight-design solutions
- Implementation ceramics in aero gas turbine engine (SiC) in economically viable industrial production processes for the aviation and machine tools sectors.
- Viscoelasticity and viscoplasticity in Polymers and composites
- Associates member in German Mechanical Engineering Council -1990
- Certificate as a trainer for Solid-work software 1995
- Co investigator in Royal Society International Joint project UK/Russia-2009
- Associate member in American Ceramics Society-2010
- Associate member in Institute for Nuclear Materials USA-2011
- Member in Nuclear Institute UK-2010
- Certificate from Simulia as a trainer in Abaqus software CAE 6.12.1) 2013
- European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) full membership-2014
- Fellow in Higher Education Academy April 2014.
- CEng accreditation IMechE 2015.
1981-1986 University of Magdeburg/Germany BSc Mechanical Engineering
1991-1993 Sachsen-Anhalt Advanced Education Centre Diploma in Nuclear decommissioning
2000-2001 Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences Nibelungen platz 1 D-60318 Frankfurt am Main Diploma in material microstructure and SEM/EBSD analysis
2007- 2008 University of Manchester/UK MSc in Nuclear Science and Technology
2010 - 2013 University of Manchester/UK PhD in Mechanical Engineering; Project discipline: Carbon and Glass Fibres composites Thesis: Thermal and Mechanical Properties of SiC layer in TRISO particles. Validation of experimental results using Abaqus software.
1. K. Bari and J.Sömmer ”Thermal barrier coating in Ni super alloy blade in gas turbine engine: investigation the crack propagation in TGO layer” conference of thermal combustion in gas turbine engine” 2001 Milano, Italy
2. K.Bari, S. Schmidt, G.Egelberg” investigation of Beta Phase in SiC coating for high performance disk Brake” advanced Material conference in Tuscon USA 2002.
3. K. Bari and G. Egelberg“ SiC coating as cladding for nuclear fuel” Conference proceeding of European Ceramics Society 405 , 13, Stuttgart Germany 2003
4. S. Al-Nasari, H. Löw and K. Bari “FEA always is for thin spherical pressure vessel in large transport ships” British Petroleum conference on Gas extraction Amsterdam, The Netherlands 2004.
5. K. Bari, B. Seymour, J Sommer “Correlation between Spraying condition of YSZ coating and their influence on thermal cracking in Thermal barrier coating” 1002-1011 in Proceeding of the international spry conference, Orlando, FL USA, April 2005.
6. D.Bruna, F. Henrich, H. Löw and K.Bari ”Efficiency of IEX resin in nuclear water plant” Journal of Brazilian water treatment , 401. Pp23, 2006.
7. K.Bari and Y. Iqbal, "Immobilisation of Spent Ion Exchange Resin Arising From Nuclear Power Plants: An Introduction," Journal of Pakistan Material Science, vol. 3, 2009.
8. K.Bari and Y. Iqbal, "Glass Melting Techniques used in Radioactive Waste Immobilisation," Journal of Pakistani Material Science, vol.5, 2010.
9. K. Bari and T. J. Abram, "Microstructure Characterisation of Simulated Tri-Isotropic Particles Embedded in Alkaline Borosilicate Glass," International Journal of Applied Glass Science, vol. 2, pp. 334-342, 2011.
10. K. Bari et.al “ Thermal Analysis and Immobilisation of Spent ion Exchange Resin in Borosilicate Glass” New Journal of Glass and Ceramics, vol.2, pp 111-112, 2012.
11. K.Bari, et al., "Interaction of Embedded Tri-Isotropic Fuel Particles with Melt of Alkaline Borosilicate Glass," International Journal of Applied Glass Science, vol. 3, pp. 254-262, 2012.
12. K. Bari, et al., "The chemical durability of glass and graphite–glass composite doped with cesium oxide," Journal of Nuclear Materials, vol.432, pp 529-538, 2013.
13. K.Bari, et al., "Thermal Diffusivity Measurement of Alumina Borosilicate Glass Bearing TRISO Fuel Particles: Experiment and Modelling," Journal of Material Science, vol. 234, 2013.
14. K. K.Bari et al. “Characterization of the porosity in TRISO coated fuel particles and its effect on the relative thermal diffusivity” Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol.265, pp 668-674, 2013.
15. K. Bari and T.Lowe “Characterization of the porosity in TRISO coated fuel particles” Material Science And Technology (MS&T) proceeding Conference In Montreal Canada Vol. 4, 2. 27-31 Oct 2013.
16. K. Bari “ Powder metallurgy of stainless steel in HIP manufacturing” Hot isostatic pressing conference in Sweden, session 2B, 9-13 June 2014.
17. K. Bari “ A comparison between composite and steel drive shaft in race car using CES software” conference of CES in Cambridge university April 2015.
18. K.Bari “ CFD analysis on 3D printing impeller using Star CMM+ Softwares“ Advanced Material World Congress, conference proceedings in Sweden, August 2015
- K. Bari “ Powder metallurgy of stainless steel in HIP manufacturing” Hot isostatic pressing conference in Sweden, session 2B, 9-13 June 2014.
- K. Bari “ A comparison between composite and steel drive shaft in race car using CES software” conference of CES in Cambridge university April 2015.
- K.Bari “ CFD analysis on 3D printing impeller using Star CMM+ Softwares“ Advanced Material World Congress, conference proceedings in Sweden, August 2015
1. Chemical Vapour Deposition(CVD) for SiC obtained and operated at Franfurt University/ Germany. Research (120,000DM) 1995, Ministry of Infrastructure..
2. Material Research Laboratory establishment through fund (125,000 DM) obtained from minister of science and education in Hessen district. Grinding and polishing equipment.2000
3. Requisition and establishment the ventilation system in the CVD lab 2002
4. Establish research collaboration with solar cell valley in bitterfield-wolfen industry area. Reflex index for glass in solar cell ( research outcome confederal).
5. First Postgraduate teaching certificate for teaching at Göthe university Frankfurt a.m 2003.
6. Installation of laser wind tunnel. All Safety cases considered in Göthe University 2004.
7. Research collaboration with forensic airplane crash team at Frankfurt airport. Material characterisation and frequent analysis 2005.
8. Supervised 10 Final year Project every year from 2000 till 2006.
9. Supervised 5 MSc students every year from 2000 till 2006.
10. Best Lecturer award of the year 2005 in Goethe university (€400 award)
11. Successful fund proposal for my PhD at UOM, The fund to the European science and technology council in Brussel. The fund is £18000 annual including the tuition fee(£3700).2010.
12. Reviewed more than 50 papers in American ceramics society (ACER) and others
13. Co-editor for Phase equilibrium diagram data base
14. Co-editor of ultrasonic journal.
15. Successful fund obtained from EPSRC for industrial case in Henry Mosely X-tomography centre in Manchester University,2012
16. Part of the proposal written at the university of Manchester to successfully obtained 5M£ fund to establish nuclear fuel lab at J floor in MACE building 2013.
17. Star CCM+ software License obtained and operated at University of Derby 2014..
18. Best presentation award for Cambridge Engineering Selector (CES) conferences April 2015
19. Best presentation award for Cambridge Engineering Selector (CES) conferences April 2015