Mr Kevin Yet Fong Cheung
Position: Postgraduate Researcher
Subject area: Psychology
My primary role as a postgraduate researcher involves conducting research in the field of pedagogical psychology. As well as researching this area, I am a research assistant supporting the work of other researchers in the faculty. I am also an associate lecturer with a small number of teaching responsibilities.
I am an associate lecturer and I teach seminar sessions on psychology research methods modules. I also deliver lectures about plagiarism for research modules in the School of Science.
- I have worked supporting probation services in teaching and rehabilitation roles.
- I have worked in an emergency night shelter supporting vulnerable people as a project worker.
I am currently conducting research on authorial identity and plagiarism in undergraduate academic writing. This work is focussed on improving academic writing and developing pedagogic methods for reducing plagiarism. The project also explores the beliefs of students and academics relating to authorship.
My other research interests include:
- Academic writing in higher education.
- Psychometric scale development.
- Cognitive aspects of hypothesis testing.
- Forensic psychology.
I am a graduate member of the British Psychological Association.
- Bsc (Hons) Psychology, University of Derby
- Master of Research, University of Derby
- Cheung, K. (2012). Psychology Academics' Understandings of Authorial Identity and Implications for an Authorial Identity Approach to Plagiarism. Paper presented at the 5th International Conference on Plagiarism. Newcastle.
- Cheung, K. (2012). What is an author? Forgetting Foucalt and asking the Academy. Paper presented at the 3rd New Horizons Conference. Derby.
- Cheung, K. (2011). Authorial Identity and Plagiarism. Paper presented at the 2nd New Horizons Conference. Derby.
- Cheung, K. (2011). Do We Want the Same Thing? Beliefs and Attitudes about the Importance of Academic Writing. Poster presented at the 2nd New Horizons Conference. Derby.
- Gale, M., & Cheung, K. (2008). Facilitated performance on a more difficult version of Wason's 2-4-6 task. Poster presented at the 6th International Conference on Thinking. Venice.
Weglicki, R., Reynolds, J., & Cheung, K. Y. F. (2011). Technology Enhanced Learning: the impact of Adobe® Presenter on the learning experience of students undertaking the Non Medical Prescribing Programme. Poster Presented at the Learning Teaching & Assessment Conference. Buxton.