Position: Lecturer in Criminal Psychology
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Law, Criminology and Social Sciences
Subject area: Criminology
Lecturer in Criminal Psychology
I have both academic and professional experience of criminal psychology. Most recently, I was involved in the rehabilitation of sex offenders, working for the Safer Living Foundation, based in one of Europes largest sex offender treatment facilities. Prior to that I taught criminal developmental psychology and research methods, at undergraduate level.
- Module leader: Investigating Criminal Psychology and Psychology for Criminologists
- Tutor: Year Zero Study Skills.
I am an experienced magistrate, specialising in domestic voilence and family matters.
- My PhD considers deficits in prosociality as a contributory factor to offending behaviour.
- I am also interested in female offending, female offenders as victims, and cyberbullying.
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- MPhil (Nottingham Trent University)