Mrs Jo Brown
Position: Lecturer in Pre Qualification Health Care
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Health Care Practice
Subject area: Pre Qualification Health Care
Senior Lecturer in Pre Registration Health Care
Integrated Adult Nursing 2
Stage 1 Simulation -The Health of the Community
Masters IS Supervisor
Public Health topics
Master of Public Health Dissertation in relation to public health advice provided in relation to obesity by student nurses-factors affecting this
Registered General Nurse
BSc(hons) Specialist Practice-District Nursing
Post Graduate Certificate in Interprofessional Learning,menntoring and Assessing
Master of Public Health
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Authority
Brown, J; Collins, G (2015) Embedding simulated practice: in a pre registration nursing curriculum. Primary Health Care. May 25:4 30-33
Collins,G;Brown,J;Henshaw,L;Whitehead,B;(2015) Using reflection on reading for revaldidation.Nursing Times111:23/24,14-16
Brown, J; Collins, G (2015) Embedding simulated practice: health of the community experience. Primary Health Care. July 25:6 26-30
- Collins, G; Brown, J (2015) ‘Innovative learning from simulated patient complaints.’ NET 2015 Annual Conference, Cambridge, September 2015.(Prize for best presented poster)
- Collins, G. Brown, J. (2014), ‘The commissioning cauldron: Innovative simulation for community health improvement’, NET 2014 Annual Conference, Cambridge, September 2014.
- Collins, G. Brown, J. (2014), ‘Enhancing Patient Through Simulated Complaints’, Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine, Poznan Poland, June 2014.
- Gratton.O. Collins, G. Brown, J. (2014). ‘The Benefits & Dilemmas of Student Led Simulation Pilot Led Program’, 8th Annual UK Simulation in Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Conference, Chester, June 2014.
- Collins, G. Brown, J, Newton, J, Pearson, J. Seddon, C. (2013). ‘Community Togetherness: a students’ simulated experience of community health improvement’, poster presentation, College of Medicine Annual Conference, London, June 2013.
- Collins, G. Brown, J. (2012). ‘Service User Stories: Use of Vodcasts as a trigger for simulated practice’, theme paper, Association of Simulated Practice in Healthcare Annual Conference, Oxford, November 2013.
- Collins, G. Brown, J. (2012). ‘Engaging with Service User Stories’, poster presentation, NET 2012 Annual Conference, Cambridge, September 2012. (Poster Prize Commendation).
Health Care of the Elderly
Acute Medical Ward
Medical Assessment Unit
Community Staff Nurse
District Nurse Practice Teacher