Position: Senior Lecturer in Nursing
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Health Care Practice
Subject area: Pre Qualification Health Care
I am a Senior Lecturer within the Nursing and Healthcare Practice team based at the Chesterfield site. My main responsibilities are as a Module leader for two of the modules on the BSc Nursing Studies course. As a member of the pre-registration nursing team I have additional responsibilites as a personal tutor and link tutor to practice areas.
Applied Health Sciences 1 - shared module on 1st year of BSc (Hons) Nursing
Applied Health Sciences 2 - shared module on 2nd year of BSc (Hons) Nursing
I also deliver some of the sessions on other modules within the BSc Nursing programme, when requested.
Prior to working for the University of Derby I have worked as a nurse within Accident & Emergency departments and Minor Injury Units. I was also one of the first group of students who successfully completed the Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) pilot study for the Changing Workforce Programme and worked as an ECP for a short time following the completion of the study. My areas of interest are the life sciences, minor injuries and emergency care.
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- BSc (Hons) Autonomous Emergency Practice, Coventry University
- Diploma in Health Studies / Registered Nurse Adult, University of Bradford
- BSc (Hons) Microbiology, University of Leeds
- Postgraduate Certificate in Interprofessional Learning, Mentoring and Assessment, University of Derby
- MSc in Health and Social Care, University of Derby