Position: Deputy Head of Department and Head of Tourism and Spa
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
Subject area: Spa, Travel and Tourism
I am the Deputy Head of Department for Hotel, Resort and Spa and the Head of Tourism, Spa and Wellness
I am also the link tutor for our collaborative partner: Botswana Accountancy College.
I teach across the spa and wellness programmes and modules include subject specfic aspects, business and management, research and supervise independent studies.
I have continual involvement with the spa and wellness industry, attend and speak at conferences and forums (Global Wellness Summit, SpaLife, Professional Spa and Wellness).
- Member of the Habia Spa Industry Forum
- External examiner.
- Vocational subjects in Higher Education and employability
- Management skills in spa and wellness
- Customer service
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority
- UK Spa Association
- BSc (Hons) Beauty and Spa Management and Education, University of Derby
- Certificate in Education, Sheffield Hallam University
- MSc International Spa Management.
- Stockdale, I and Azara, I (2012) 'Key concepts in spa tourism' in Peter Robinson (Ed) Key concepts in Tourism. London: Routledge
- 'Negotiating the Thistles', co-led with Azara, I., as part of the Buxton Spa Forum at University of Derby, 2012
- Stockdale, I; Buxton, L; Cooper, S (2011) Developing and Supporting Independent Learning, British Educational Research Association (BERA) Sept. 2012
- Stockdale, I; Azara, I & Hunter, G (2007) 'Profiling Day-Spa Visitors and Motivations to experience Wellness at home' Budapest ATLAS SIG, Spa and Wellness Tourism, Historic concept, future pospects.
Twenty years working in the spa, beauty and wellness industry.