Mrs Helen Simmons
Position: Senior Lecturer BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
College: College of Education
Department: Education and Childhood
Subject area: Early Years
Assistant Programme Leader, Stage 1 Lead and Lecturer: BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies.
Module leader for: Wellbeing from Birth (Stage 2) and Leadership in the Early Years (Stage 3). Also teach on The Growing Child (Stage 1), Research in the Early Years (Stage 3). Tutor for The Emerging Practitioner (Stage 1), The Developing Practitioner (Stage 2), The Critically Reflective Practitioner (Stage 3) and The Independent Study (Stage 3)
Development in 0-3 year olds, specifically wellbeing from birth, social and emotional development.
Social and cultural pressures that new parents face. Leadership in the Early Years.
- BA (Hons) Childhood Studies, Liverpool John Moores University
- PGCE: Post Complsory Education , Wolverhampton University
- MA: Education Studies, Warwick University
- 2012: Leadership in Early Childhood: Leaders views on their roles. (Presentation at Child's world: Working together for a better future conference at Aberystwyth University) With colleague Ellen Yates.
- 2013- began part time EdD here at the University of Derby.
- Worked within nurseries and as a Nanny.
- Worked as a Lecturer in Further Education - Vocational Early Years courses.
2012/2013 Radio interviews on Radio Derby on the subjects of: Online Parenting, behaviour of 2 year olds and television for very young children.