Position: Deputy Head of Department for Social and Community Studies
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Social and Community Studies
Subject area: Social and Community Studies
I am Deputy Head of Department for Social and Community Studies and manage a suite of programmes across the subject area.
I have no specific teaching responsibilities but my interest is Child Protection and Law and offer support in these areas. I also try to promote IPL across the College and beyond with a widening participation context.
I'm a registered Social Worker and a member of the British Association of Social Workers. I have a particular interest in Child Care Practice and Law and offer training in this area. I am HCPC registered and also a member of the HEA.
I am currently writing up my Doctorate which is considering the notion of interprofessinal education and child protection.
- Higher Education Academy
- British Association of Social Workers
- Diploma Youth and Community Work, University of Derby
- DipSW Social Work- 1994, University of Derby
- MA Child Care Practice and Law-2005, Keele University
- PGPLT, University of Derby
- ED D (on-going), University of Derby
- Rhodes- Interprofessional Working - 2006
- New Zealand- Child protection on Social Care Health and Education programmes - 2007
- Derbyshire ACPC conference - 'Am I bovvered?'- 2007
- BASW Seminar/Conference 2012
- IFSW Conference 2014
- IFSW Conference 2016
I play football and also coach. I enjoy live music and socialising.
TV and Radio in relation to child protection and child sexual abuse.