Dr Faith Samkange
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
Subject area: Hospitality and Culinary Arts
I am a Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader for BA (Hons) Hotel Management (Two Year) and BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management.
- Module leader: Spa and Resort Management
- Module leader: Managing Customer Expereinces
- Module leader: Academci Studies
- Module leader: Research Methods
- Independent Studies
- Module leader Operations and Project Management.
- Hospitality Management research
- Hospitality Management education.
- Information and Communication Technologies in Hospitlality Management
- Technology in the teaching of Hospitality Management
- Digital Research Methodologies
- Technology and Economic Development Issues
- Management and Gender Development Issues.
- Editor JRM
- Conference committee member ECRM
- Conference paper reviewer ECRM
- Journal editorial team: ECRM
- Conference Scientific Board: Tourism and Business Management Conference
- Paper Reviewer: Tourism and Business Management Conference
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Conference.
- PhD Hospitality Management (University of Derby, Derby UK)
- MA Human Ecology and Hospitality Management (Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada.
- B.Ed. Teacher Education in Technical Subjects Home Economics (Unversity of Zimbabawe, Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Higher Diploma in Home Economics Education (Gweru Teachers College , University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe).
Conference Papers Published in Conference Proceedings
- Importation of Technologies, Strategic Development or Anathema to Development? London 2014
- Digitally Wired: ICT Trends and Digital Methodologies ECRM: London 2014
- Beyond The Glass Ceiling: A Gendered and Cultural Hospitality Management Discourse Based on Integrated Research Paradigms 2012, Portugal Algarve
- Employability of International Graduates: A Case Study of SHMS 2012, United Kingdom, Derby
- Integrated Research Paradigm: A Customised Research Process for interrogating Complex Technological Issues in the Hospitality Industry 2011, Caen, France
- Beyond The Glass Ceiling: The Advancement of Women into Leadership Positions in the Zimbabwean Hospitality Industry 2012, United Kingdom, Bolton.
Publications: Journals and Books
- Importation of Technologies, Strategic Development or Anathema to Development? JAABC 2014.
- Digitally Wired: ICT Trends and Digital Methodologies 2014 European Journal of Research Methodology EJRM 2014
- Beyond The Glass Ceiling: The Advancement of Women into Leadership Positions in the Zimbabwean Hospitality Industry Journal of Tourism and Management 2012.
- Implementation and Utilisation of Information and Communication Technologies in Hotels: A Developing country Perspective, 2009
- Life Skills Sexual Maturation and Sanitation 2004, Women’s Law Centre University of Zimbabwe.
- WEI Humanities and Business Management Harvard University, Boston, USA
- European Conference on Research Methodology London, Kingston, UK
- Business mnagagement Conference, London Unuted Kingdom
- Tourism and Management Conference, Algarve, Portugal.
- Midlands State University Zimbabwe
- Mount Saint Vincent University Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Swiss Hotel Management School.