Miss Eva Cerioni
Position: Lecturer in Initial Teacher Education
College: College of Education
Department: Education and Childhood
Subject area: Education Studies
- Senior Lecturer in Initial Teacher Education – working within the following programmes: BEd and PGCE Core.
- English subject leader.
- BEd and PGCE Core English modules.
- BEd School and the Curriculum.
- BEd Wider Curriculum.
- English Skills Tests training workshops.
- Changes to the National Curriculum for the English programmes of study (Primary) and the development of applicable subject knowledge of students and qualified teachers.
- BA (Hons)
I am a specialist in primary English, having taught as a specialist English teacher in mainstream primary schools for 8 years.
I was designated as a Specialist Leader of Education, specialising in English, after several years of providing training and support in a range of schools and authorities. I am a fully qualified facilitator for the ‘Improving Teacher’ and ‘Outstanding Teacher’ programmes and also hold qualifications which allow me to provide coaching.
Prior to my role at the University of Derby, I delivered a variety of English training programmes for qualified teachers, trainee teachers, School Direct trainees and Teaching Assistants. I have provided INSET training in a variety of schools, drawing on my experience as English Leader, and led regular English network meetings for leaders in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire and Cheshire.
My passion for English, alongside teaching and learning, led me to pursue a career in the field of ITE where I can impart my knowledge and share teaching experiences with our future teachers.
I have a particular interest in the changes to the new primary National Curriculum with an aim to ensure that all trainee teachers feel confident and secure in their subject and pedagogical knowledge, enabling their pupils to achieve highly in all areas of English.