Position: Programme Leader, Lecturer in Adventure Tourism
College: College of Business
Department: Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
Subject area: Travel and Tourism
I am a lecturer in Adventure Tourism, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation here at the University's Buxton Campus. I also teach on the Masters programme in Tourism Management.
- Adventure Tourism,
- Outdoor Activities Leadership and Coaching.
Adventure tourism: demand and activity development. Emerging tourism markets, products and destinations, Tourism and the relationship to political identity.
- British Cycling
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
- Marson, D. From Mass Tourism to Niche Tourism, in Robinson P. Heitmann, S. Dieke, P.U.C. (2011) Research Themes in Tourism, CABI, Wallingford
- Contribution to chapter: Peak District as England green gym, In Hall, M. Frost, W. (2008)Tourism and National Parks: International Perspectives on Development, Histories and Change, Routledge Publications, London
- Mcabe, S. Marson, D. Tourist constructions and consumption of space: place, modernity, meaning. In Burns, P.M. Novelli, M. (2006) Tourism and Social Identities: global frameworks and local realities, Elsevier, Oxford.
I am a keen mountain biker and fell runner and enjoy travel (adventurous or otherwise!).