Dr Clive Holmwood
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Therapeutic Practice
Subject area: Therapeutic Practice
Senior Lecturer MA Dramatherapy & Deputy Programme Lead Creative Expressive Therapies
Teaching across MA Dramatherapy and BA Hons Creative Expressive Therapies
- Drama Education
Interdisciplinary connections between dramatherapy and drama education including historical development and inter-subjectivity.
- Health & Care Professions Council (Arts Therapist)
- Full Member of the British Association of Dramatherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education University of Derby 2015
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Institute of Education, University of Warwick 2006-2012
- Part I- Introduction to Family & Systemic Therapy NHS Birmingham
- Post Graduate Diploma Dramatherapy, University of Hertfordshire, 1994-1996
- MA Educational Theatre, University of Leeds 1990-92
- BA (Hons) Drama, Bretton Hall College, 1985-88.
- Holmwood, C. Jennings S (Eds.) (2016) The International Handbook of Dramatherapy. London: Routledge
- Holmwood C 2015 Dramatherapy, Tai Chi and Embodiment in Creative Arts in Education and Therapy (caet) - Volume 1 No 1 December 2015
- Gaines A. M. Butler J. D. Holmwood C. (2015) (Submitted to International Drama Educational Association) Between Drama Education and Drama Therapy: International Approaches to Successful Navigation IDEA PARIS 2013" of p-e-r-f-o-r-m-a-n-c-e journal n°2
- Holmwood, C. (2005) 'A Tale of Tales' - Clinical Study’ Journal of the British Association of Dramatherapists No 1 Spring 2005
- Holmwood, C (1998) ' You listen up Here's the Story About a Little Guy Who Lived in a Blue World... Clinical Study ' - Journal of the British Association of Dramatherapists Number 4 Winter 1998/99
- Holmwood, C. (1995) ‘Looking Ahead: Future Employment as a Dramatherapist in an ever Changing Market Forces Economy' Journal of the British Association of Dramatherapists No 3 Winter 1995/96
Book - Sole Authored
- Holmwood, C. (2016) Drama Education and Dramatherapy: Exploring the space between discipline. London: Routledge. Paperback, REPRINT
- Holmwood, C. (2014) Drama Education and Dramatherapy: Exploring the space between discipline. London: Routledge
- Holmwood C (2016) Dramatherapy & Theatre Current Inter-Disciplinary Discourses in Holmwood C, Jennings S. International Handbook of Dramatherapy. London Routledge
- Holmwood, C. Stavrou, C. (2012) 'Dramatherapy and Drama Teaching a New Perspective towards a Working Relationship' in Dramatherapy with Children, Young People and Schools: enabling creativity, sociability, communication and learning. Leigh, Dix, Gersch and Haythorne. London. Routledge.
- 2016 European Dramatherapy Conference - Romania
- Chair of Voluntary Drama Project for adults with learning disabilities
- Previously Chair of Jigsaw Youth Theatre - Registered Charity.
I am a Health and Care Profession Council Registered Dramatherapist with 20 years post qualifying experience, having worked in a range of clinical and non-clinical settings with a very broad range of clients throughout my career. This includes adults and children with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour, adults and children with severe mental health problems and older people with memory loss and dementia. I have specialized over the last few years in working with children in such areas as autism, ADHD and a range of learning disabilities and mental health problems, especially with children in the looked after system who are unable or unwilling to communicate verbally.
Prior to this I have 10 years experience as a drama teacher ad facilitator.
- Member of International Editorial Board for Creative Arts in Education and Therapy
- Editor of Intenrtional Handbook Of Dramatherapy with 34 chapters from authors around the world
- Workshop at the European Dramatherapy Conference in Romania in 2016
- Teaching at the Univeristy of Ghent in Belgium 2016 as apart of Erasmus Exhchange
- Training on disabilities to fostering agencies in Sofia Bulgaria 2006 and 2007.