Dr Asma Adnane
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Engineering and Technology
Department: Computing and Mathematics
Subject area: Computing
I am the course leader of the M.Sc. Cyber security at the University of Derby, and I am currently teaching network and security modules.
My research involves Trust and security in ad hoc networks. I'm Currently supervising a PhD student working on the evaluation of Trust in Vehicular ad hoc Networks (VANET).
- Course and module leader
- Network security
- Security protocols
- Database development
- Entreprise security management
- Cyber security research
I am interested in building partnerships with colleagues from industry, and I am always looking for PhD and Master students who are keen to work in the area of Trust and security.
- Security and privacy
- Network security
- Routing protocols
- Trust managment
- Member at the British computer society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- 2006-2008: PhD in computer Science, SUPELEC Rennes - University of Rennes, France
- 2004-2005: MSc in computer science, Polytech’Tours, University of Tours, France.
- Adnane, A.; Bidan, C.; de Sousa, R.T, "Trust-based security for the OLSR routing protocol", Computer Communications, Volume 36, Issues 10–11, June 2013, Pages 1159-1171, ISSN 0140-3664, doi:10.1016/j.comcom.2013.04.003
- Yi, J; Adnane, A; David, S; Parrein, B, "Multipath optimized link state routing for mobile ad hoc networks". Ad Hoc Networks. Volume 9, Issue 1 (January 2011), pages 28-47. doi=10.1016/j.adhoc.2010.04.007
- Rafael Timóteo de Sousa Júnior, A. Adnane, Christophe Bidan and Ludovic Mé, Vulnerabilidades e Proteções do Protocolo de Roteamento Ad Hoc OLSR sob o Ponto de Vista
- M. Loughlin; A. Adnane."Privacy and Trust in Smart camera sensor networks". International conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, 24-28 August 2015, Toulouse, France.
- F. Ahmad; A. Adnane. "Design of Trust based Context Aware Routing Protocol in Vehicular Networks". Ninth IFIP WG 11.11 International Conference on Trust Management, 26-29 May 2015, Hamburg, Germany.
- Q. Alriyami; A. Adnane; A. Smith. "Evaluation Criterias for Trust Management in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANETs)". IEEE 2014 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo, At Vienna - Austria.
- J. Yi, S.David, A. Adnane, B.Parrein, Xavier Lecourtier. "Multipath OLSR: Simulation and Testbed". 5th OLSR Interop/Workshop, Vienna : Austria 2009.
- Adnane, A.; Bidan, C.; De Sousa, R.T., "Trust-Based Countermeasures for Securing OLSR Protocol," IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 2009. CSE '09, vol.2, pages 745-752.doi: 10.1109/CSE.2009.130.
- A. Adnane, Christophe Bidan and Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr."Validation of the OLSR routing table based on trust reasonin" , International Workshop on Trust in Mobile Environments(TIME 08), colocated with iTrust/PST. Presented at Trondheim, Norway, June 17th 2008.
- A. Adnane, Christophe Bidan and Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr. "Effectiveness of trust reasoning for attack detection in OLSR", The 6th International Workshop on Security in Information Systems (WOSIS2008). Presented at Barcelona, Spain. June 2008.
- A. Adnane, Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr , Christophe Bidan , and Ludovic Mé. "Autonomic trust reasoning enables misbehaviour detection in OLSR, the 23rd Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (ACM SAC 2008): Trust, Recommendations, Evidence and other Collaboration Know-how (TRECK) track.Presented at in Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil. March 16 - 20.
- A. Adnane, Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr , Christophe Bidan , and Ludovic Mé." Integrating Trust Reasoning into Node Behaviour in OLSR", the 3-rd ACM International Workshop on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks (Q2SWinet 2007). Presented at Chania, Crete Island, Greece.
- A. Adnane, Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr , Christophe Bidan , and Ludovic Mé. "Analysis of the implicit trust within the OLSR protocol", IFIPTM07: Joint iTrust and PST Conferences on Privacy, Trust Management and Security. Presented at Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada (2007).
- Benoît Parrein, Jiazi Yi, A. Adnane, Eric Graal, Jean-Christophe Dubois, Xavier Lecourtier, Pierre Tervé, Rodolphe Vauzelle, Anne-Marie Poussard, Yannis Pousset. SEREADMO : protocole de routage sécurisé pour réseaux ad hoc mobiles. Colloque franchofone sur l'inginerie des protocoles (CFIP), Strasbourg 2009.
- A. Adnane, Christophe Bidan, Ludovic Mé, Raphael de Sousa. Intégration du raisonnement sur la confiance pour la sécurité de OLSR, 1er Workshop sur la sécurité des réseaux autonomes et spontanés (SETOP2008). Presented at Loctudy, France , Octobre 2008.
- Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr , A. Adnane , Christophe Bidan , and Ludovic Mé. Analyse de la confiance implicite requise dans le routage adhoc OLSR, SAR – SSI 2007. Presented at Annecy - France.
- University of Leicester – Bulb Studios: KTP Associate, Database and security expert, 2011-2013
The KTP Project between The University of Leicester and Bulb Studios Limited has been judged to be outstanding by the KTP assessors (Project reference: KTP008311).
- ENSI Bourges, France: Research associate, 2010-2011
- University of Nantes, Institute for Communications and Cybernetics, IVC Team: Lecturer; Post Doc, 2008-2010