Position: Senior Lecturer in Occupational Therapy
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Therapeutic Practice
Subject area: Occupational Therapy
I am Programme Leader for the MSc Hand Therapy.
I also teach on the BSc Occupational Therapy, MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-reg) and MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy programmes.
I teach on a range of modules across the programmes and am module leader on modules within the MSc Hand Therapy and MSc Advanced OT programmes. I also supervise students undertaking Independent Scholarship.
I worked in an acute general hospital for many years specialising in elective orthopaedics. I also have experience in trauma, hand therapy and rheumatology. I have management experience and a special interest in clinical governance.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- British Association of Occupational Therapists
- British Association of Hand Therapists
- College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists
- MSc Occupational Therapy, University of Exeter
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning, University of Derby
- Underhill A (2012) Pre-operative education for patients undergoing total knee replacement. COHEHRE, Denmark. Parallel paper session
- Cole T, Underhill A and Kennedy S (2014). Adherence behaviour in an acute paediatric hand trauma population: A pilot study of parental report of adherence levels and influencing factors. Australian Hand Therapy Association National Conference, Queensland, Australia.
- Underhill A (2007). Does occupational therapy education influence student's learning styles? College of Occupational Therapists Annual Conference. Poster Presentation
- Underhill A (2006). Pre-operative Education for Patients undergoing Total Knee Replacement. OTTO- Specialist Section of the College of Occupational Therapists Annual Conference. Poster Presentation