Position: Senior Lecturer in Criminology
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Law, Criminology and Social Sciences
Subject area: Policing
I am a Senior Lecturer in Criminology and currently the programme leader for BA Policing and I also teach a number of modules relating to policing and the wider criminology.
I am also the module leader for several MSc modules, specifically connected with investigating sexual offences and criminal investigation.
I am actively involved in research with matters connected to restorative justice and domestic abuse
My expertise is in investigation, specifically sexual offences and domestic abuse.
I am the UG programme leader for BA Policing and teach a number of modules on that programme in addition to being the module leader within the MSc Criminal Investigation programme.
Specific undergraduate modules include:
- Applied studies in the investigation of crime Gender Crime and Violence
- Policing and Police powers
- Investigation theory and practice: victims, witnesses and suspects
Specific MSc modules include:
- Criminal Investigation 2
- Investigating Sexual Offences.
- Professionalising the investigation process
- Multi agency partnerships
- Supporting victims of Domestic Abuse.
Domestic abuse, restorative justice, criminal investigations, investigation of sexual offences including rape.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- MSc Criminal Investigations.
- British Society of Criminology conference 2015.
My interests include walking, reading and swimming.
Served as a Police officer for 20 years. Seven years experience as a Detective and five years as a Detective trainer within a Police Crime training department.
Served as a Police officer and police trainer in the Royal Cayman Islands Police service.