Position: Programme Leader / Lecturer | BA (Hons) Dance - Déda | College of Arts
College: College of Arts
Department: Media and Performing Arts
Programme Leader and Lecturer on the BA (hons) Dance degree, based at Déda.
I am a leading Dance Artist in the midlands area and co-wrote this unique degree with the University of Derby and Déda. Her own company Adaire to Dance creates and tours work in the area leading to innovative research and performances.
Module Leader for the undergraduate modules:
- The Fundamental Principles of Choreography – level 1
- Exploring Current Choreographic Genres – level 2
- Independent Research Project – level 3
- Introduction to Performance Skills – level 1
- Developing Your Performance Skills – level 2
- Advanced Performance Skills – level 3
- History of Western Performance Dance – level 1
- Dance in Context – level 3
Lecturer on the undergraduate modules:
- Introduction to Dance Technique and Performance Enhancement – level 1
- Exploring Dance Technique and Performance Enhancement – level 2
- Advanced dance Technique and Performance Enhancement – level 3
- To choreograph and produce work that is accessible for those who have no knowledge of dance.
- To explore the relationship between movement and digital work and how they can marry in an accessible and innovative way.
- To create a dance technique that concentrates on a dynamic floorwork, a hybrid of Limone and Flying Low technique.
- Associate of the NATD
To see work click here.