Dr Adrian Watson
Position: Senior Lecturer in Geology
Subject area: Geology
I am a Senior Lecturer in Geology and the Study Abroad Coordinator for Geology.
I teach a range of geological disciplines including first year modules in Map Skills, Resource Geology, and Key Skills; second year modules in Structural Geology, and Industrial Applications of Geology; and third year modules in Mineral Deposits, Engineering Geology, in addition to supervising final year project students.
Specialisms in structural geology, mineral deposits and engineering geology.
- Structural Geology of the Monian Supergroup, Anglesey, N. Wales.
- Fluid inclusion analysis of mineral deposits.
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London;
- Non-executive director of the National Stone Centre;
- Consultative committee member of Extractive Industry Geology (EIG).
- BSc (Hons) Geology, University of Derby
- PhD - Quartz vein emplacement within polydeformed terrains, Anglesey, N. Wales., University of Derby