Spa and Wellness Management Courses
We are a pioneer in spa management and wellness degrees with an enviable reputation in the industry.
Our award-winning team all have hands-on experience and are trail-blazers in spa and wellness course development. They are regularly consulted by many of the world’s leading employers.
Through our links with the industry you can gain work experience in some of the world’s most prestigious spas and hotels.
“There's so much to learn and so many different layers to the course”
“I’m passionate about the Spa industry because I like to make people feel good. I want them to walk away feeling good about themselves, being uplifted, being relaxed, being happy. During my course I worked in the University’s own spa, a hotel spa, with the spa product brand Elemis and did an internship in America.
I would say 100% come to the University of Derby because there’s so much to learn and so many different layers to the course.”
This is Spa and Wellness Management
- You’ll study in our inspirational Grade II* listed Devonshire Dome in Buxton, a leading spa and hospitality town
- Part of your learning takes place in our world-class commercial day spa, voted ‘Day Spa of the Year 2016’, which includes saunas, aroma steam rooms, hydrotherapy pools, ice fountains, dry flotation and hammam table
- We are the only educational institution approved to use and retail the full treatment offering of prestigious international brand Ishga
- Opportunities to take part in field trips and visits to spas and resorts in the UK and abroad help you develop an extensive knowledge of the industry.
What our Spa and Wellness Management graduates do
Spa and wellness is an industry growing at a phenomenal rate. It needs graduates who are educated and trained not just in spa, but who have a holistic approach to wellness and who can lead the next stage of development of this industry.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Spa management
- Spa therapy
- Wellness resort management
- Account management.