Sociology (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
Studying Sociology as a Joint Honours subject at Derby will broaden your career scope and prepare you for life as an actively engaged citizen.
- Explore a wide-ranging subject which gives you the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue a successful career in many different sectors
- 100% of students said that they were satisfied with our course (NSS 2016)
- Get to the heart of public debates: ours is a modern course where you’ll focus on the issues and trends influencing society now
- Boost your employability through work placements, fieldwork and advanced research skills
- Be inspired by our enthusiastic and approachable teaching team who will support you every step of the way
- Study in a city with a strong heritage in sociology: Herbert Spencer, credited with founding the study of sociology, was born in Derby
- Broaden your skills and knowledge by combining Sociology with another subject, opening up an even wider range of career paths.
You can also choose to study Sociology as a single honours subject.