You'll get theoretical and practical experience of lots of mock crime scenes, including:
- break-ins - office and home
- arson and fire investigation
- road traffic accident
- drug analysis
- computer analysis.
We've got close links with Derbyshire Constabulary and Derbyshire Fire and Rescue, so we can make your experience as realistic as possible.
Then you'll need to do the the laboratory analysis of the evidence you've collected at the crime scene.
Our biological and analytical equipment includes:
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR)
- Comparative Microscope
- Electrostatic Detection Apparatus (ESDA).
Once you've completed your evidential analysis, you'll be cross-examined as you would be in real life, by practicing barristers, presided by a judge and a sitting jury in our courtroom here at Derby.
This almost real life crime scene to court experience will really help you, both while you're here at Derby, and in your future career.