BSc (Hons) Human Biology
The human body is an amazing and highly complex instrument. As scientists gain a better understanding of how genetic information controls our body, we are continually increasing our knowledge and understanding of how the body is regulated and how this alters at different stages of life and also in disease. You may have specific areas of human biology that fuel your passion and truly keep you curious, and so our BSc (Hons) Human Biology has been specially designed to allow you to choose from a selection of optional modules.
Why study Human Biology at Derby?
- You’ll develop an in-depth understanding of the human body with an academic team recognised internationally for their high-quality research and teaching
- You’ll have access to our high specification facilities to develop the practical skills that employers are looking for
- Our teaching team are active human health researchers and there will be opportunities for you to apply to help with their research, which will provide excellent work experience for your future career
- Look beyond fundamental bioscience principles and explore areas of psychology and the science of sport and exercise to understand how the body functions in health and disease
- Tailor your degree to your own interests through a variety of exciting modules, including human physiology and disease, the human genome, toxicology and drugs of abuse, and molecular biology.
Discover Derby: an exciting city, an exciting future
The city itself makes up a large part of your university experience. Derby boasts:
- a thriving nightlife and social scene, including numerous nightclubs, restaurants, and bars
- continued investment in entertainment and sporting sites, like the multi-purpose QUAD and Derby Arena facilities
- the fastest growing economy in the UK.
Join us at an Open Day
Choosing the right university is a big decision, so we’d love to help by showing you what we have to offer. You can find out more about BSc (Hons) Human Biology from our friendly staff, and our current students will be on hand to give you an insight into life at the University of Derby. You can also tour the campus and halls of residence to discover if we’re the university for you.