BSc (Hons) Biomedical Health
People are living longer, but they are also living less healthy lifestyles. The ability to improve the health of individuals, families, and communities as well as successfully treating disease is a continual challenge for healthcare professionals. Our BSc (Hons) Biomedical Health focuses on the investigation and understanding of many of the current controversies and concerns of modern life, such as infectious diseases, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, and dementia.
Why study Biomedical Health at Derby?
- You’ll explore how the human body is regulated and the biological aspects of disease and illness
- You’ll develop comprehensive knowledge in a variety of areas, including anatomy, biochemistry, genetics, medical microbiology, and human diseases
- We have state-of-the-art laboratories and other facilities to enhance the practical elements of the course.
We also offer a four-year integrated masters degree in MSci Biomedical Health.
Discover Derby: an exciting city, an exciting future
The city itself makes up a large part of your university experience. Derby boasts:
- a thriving nightlife and social scene, including numerous nightclubs, restaurants, and bars
- continued investment in entertainment and sporting sites, like the multi-purpose QUAD and Derby Arena facilities
- the fastest growing economy in the UK.
Join us at an Open Day
Choosing the right university is a big decision, so we’d love to help by showing you what we have to offer. You can find out more about Biomedical Health at Derby from our friendly staff, and our current students will be on hand to give you an insight into life at the University. You can also tour the campus and halls of residence to discover if we’re the university for you.