BSc (Hons) Psychology
Why study Psychology at Derby?
If the fascinating study of human thought and behaviour captures your curiosity, we have the course for you. Our BSc (Hons) Psychology offers innovative lectures, a passionate teaching team and a fresh approach to learning.
Study with us and you will:
- explore the wondrous dimensions of psychology, such as abnormal psychology, neuropsychology, schizophrenia, and cyber-psychology
- use specialist facilities, like our psychological laboratory, eye tracking laboratory, and observation suite to develop work ready skills and techniques
- learn from lecturers at the forefront of psychological research - Dr Zaheer Hussain recently co-authored what is believed to be the UK's first study into smartphone addiction, which received worldwide attention
- gain the critical knowledge and skills that ensured 97.3% of graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing this course. Graduates now enjoy careers such as health service supervisors, assistant therapeutic care workers, and mental health support workers.
You can also study Psychology at Derby as a joint honours degree, combining it with another subject to expand your knowledge.
Discover Derby: an exciting city, an exciting future
The city itself makes up a large part of your university experience. Derby boasts:
- a thriving nightlife and social scene, including numerous nightclubs, restaurants, and bars
- continued investment in entertainment and sporting sites, like the multi-purpose QUAD and Derby Arena facilities
- the fastest growing economy in the UK.
Join us at an Open Day
Choosing the right university is a big decision, so we’d love to help by showing you what we have to offer. You can find out more about Psychology from our friendly staff, and our current students will be on hand to give you an insight into life at the University of Derby. You can also tour the campus and halls of residence to discover if we’re the university for you.
Shaista Laher, graduate
"I thoroughly enjoyed studying psychology; I discovered a lot of interesting theories and research by many psychologists. The lecturers were really supportive and approachable, and always happy to help. It gave me a lot of confidence."
93% of students said they were satisfied with the overall quality of BSc (Hons) Psychology, according to the 2015 National Student Survey (NSS)