MRes Sport and Exercise and MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Science
Tailor your research in line with your career aspirations and get to the top of your game.
“Postgraduate study in Sport and Exercise at Derby is great. Working with the regions elite athletes has helped me to develop my research and practical skills.” Tim Lawrenson, current student.
Why choose to study at Derby?
- Learning will take place in our brand new £10.8m sport centre and specialist sport science laboratories
- We have a wide portfolio of respected organisations you can work with, providing you with a real world learning experience
- Our flexible approach to learning means you can choose to study full-time or part-time while continuing to work outside of your studies
- You will have access to a team of professionals with experience working in applied settings, who can offer you guidance in a field of your choice.
About our MRes (Sport and Exercise) course
Our MRes (Sport and Exercise) course has been designed to:
- Allow you to focus on a specific research area of your choice
- Develop the skills to a make a difference to lives of those who take part in sport and exercise, from recreational to professional levels
- Structure your learning around your working hours through a blend of online learning and face-to-face research contact
- Enhance your employability or take the next step towards a doctoral degree.
To give you the best start, we’ve mapped our course against the quality standards of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). Ours is the only MRes Sport and Exercise to have done this so as well as reassuring you of the standard of the teaching and support you’ll receive, we hope it will boost your career opportunities.
About our MSc Applied Sport and Exercise course
Our MSc Applied Sport and Exercise course has been designed to:
Enable you to tailor the content to your area of interest, allowing you to choose one of two pathways (Sport and Exercise Psychology or Physiology) or study a mix of these disciplines
Provide you with the skills and knowledge to develop as an applied sport and exercise practitioner, through real world learning and support from a team of professionals
Expand your research skills and gain first-hand experience working in the field of sport and exercise science.
This course enables you to focus on the sport and exercise science discipline of your choice, so you can tailor your learning to your area of interest. The course is aligned to The British Association of Sport and Exercise (BASES), to help you to pursue the Supervised Experience programme towards accreditation with BASES after you’ve completed the course.
Join us at an Open Day
Book your place at our next Open Day - this will give you the opportunity to take a tour of the university, and talk to our specialist academic staff about MRes (Sport and Exercise) and MSc Applied Sport and Exercise.