Postgraduate Sport at Derby
Our MRes Sport and Exercise is the only course to be mapped against the quality standards of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) whilst our MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Science is aligned to The British Association of Sport and Exercise (BASES) to help you to pursue the Supervised Experience programme towards accreditation with BASES after you’ve completed the course.
- Our courses are flexible in their approach to suit you - you’ll be able to study either full-time or part-time
- We have two specialist courses available - you can choose to study MRes in Sport and Exercise or MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Science
- Work with organisations such as Derbyshire County Cricket Club, Derby County FC, Team Derby and The Derbyshire Institute of Sport
- Our expert teaching team specialise in sport and exercise psychology, physiology, exercise and health, strength and conditioning, biomechanics and performance analysis, and nutrition, so you'll have access and guidance in a field of your choice
- Our facilities provide an excellent research environment. Our laboratories include technologies such as pulmonary gas and blood analysers, specialist strength and conditioning equipment, and physiological analysis and biomechanics motion analysis equipment
- You’ll have access to our new £10.8m Sports Centre, which includes a fitness gym and associated strength and conditioning area, studios, squash and badminton courts, an internal climbing wall, sprint track, changing rooms, and treatment rooms.
Funding - apply for up to £10,000
Did you know that you’ll be able to apply for a student loan of up to £10,000 a year for taught and research masters courses in all postgraduate subject areas? If you’re under 60, starting a course from August 2016 onwards, and are applying to study full-time, part-time or via distance learning at a UK university, you are eligible to apply. Find out more