Discover BSc (Hons) Zoology
Why choose this course?
Damaging acts such as deforestation and habitat destruction are causing the heartbeat of our ecosystem to weaken. Our highly experienced teaching team are all active researchers who share your passion to tackle these threats and make a lasting difference.
- BSc (Hons) Zoology is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology, meaning that when you graduate you'll meet the requirements for Associate Membership and can apply for full membership following appropriate professional experience
- Participate in fieldwork in the UK and abroad so you can put the theory you learn into practice
- If you take our optional 'Tropical Conservation Biology' module, you will have the opportunity to visit the Maldives
- Learn from a teaching team who have been rated as 'excellent' by quality inspectors, like Dr Karim Vahed, a world expert in the sexual behaviour of invertebrates
- Opportunity to undertake paid internships with the University or relevant employers.
You can also study Zoology as a joint honours degree, find out what you can combine this subject with.
|Course||Entry requirements||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Zoology||280 UCAS points||C300|
|Zoology (Joint Honours)
||220-300 UCAS points||Y002|
Where will it take you?
Our Zoology graduates have gone on to work in roles such as:
- Educational Assistant at Woburn Safari Park
- Graduate Ecologist at Ecus Ltd
- Trainee Animal Technician at King’s College London
- Animal Care Assistant at St Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital