Discover Sport at Derby
Sport at our Derby Campus
High-profile sport events, such as the Olympics and the World Cup, have highlighted the growing importance of sport in people’s lives. We have worked with employers to develop a range of courses, so you can be sure that we’ll provide you with the knowledge, applied experience and specialist skills you’ll need to have an impact on individuals, local communities, elite athletes or management in sport.
- Our specialist facilities include a brand new £10.8 million sports centre
- You’ll receive first-class support and education from highly qualified lecturers who are actively involved in research, high-performance sport, applied sport science consultancy work, and are members of several professional organisations
- Work with industry experts, such as Derby County Football Club, Derventio eXcel Swimming Club and Derbyshire County Cricket Club
|Course||Entry requirements||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science||320 UCAS points||C603|
|BSc (Hons) Performance Analysis and Coaching Science||300 UCAS points||C609|
|BSc (Hons) Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation||300 UCAS points||C631|
|BSc (Hons) Physical Activity, Nutrition and Health||280 UCAS points||C690|
|BA (Hons) Sport Management||280 UCAS points||6G89|
|Sport and Exercise Studies (Joint Honours)||220-300 UCAS points||Y002|
You study Sport and Exercise Studies as a joint honours degree, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Where will it take you?
A degree in sport is a great start for a wide range of careers. Our graduates have gone on to secure roles such as:
- Performance Analysis Intern at Derby County Football Club
- Physiotherapy Assistant at St Luke’s Hospital
- Female Football Activator at the FA
- Personal Trainer at Velocity Train Academy
- Strength and Conditioning Coach at Nottingham Forest Football Club
- Head of Performance Analysis and Recruitment at Walsall Football Club